Welcome to the Yeah, I made it! My name is Adrianne and I started this blog about two years ago as a way to share fun science activities with some of my friends with young kids. I tried to stick to a format of posting a new activity for kids to do every day of the summer, which is where the original name came from (elements referring to science and summer referring to .. well… summer), however I quickly found the time table I set for myself to be a bit overwhelming, not to mention there were other things I wanted to write about as well. Early in 2012 I decided that I wanted to switch the format of the site to something a little bit more all inclusive, so I did. Perks of owning the site I suppose is that I get to immediately implement my decisions! So now you can read my thoughts on a whole variety of topics, including my recipes, thoughts on science, product reviews, thoughts on education, and musings about the world in general. As for who I am… well that is a little bit more complicated. So here’s a short list of facts about me:
- I love Jesus
- I’m an Aggie – c/o 2007, WHOOP! B.S. in Biology
- I’m married to a wonderful man and we have two dogs named Marty and Dobby (both after movie characters)
- I taught high school biology (including AP) for four years in the public school system
- I love(d) to integrate technology and web based applications into my classroom, and presented on this subject many times at local, national, and international conferences
- I’m currently a graduate student in biomedical science
- I discovered in the last year that I really LOVE making things! Check out some of my DIYs while you’re here!
- I take most of the pictures you will find on this site myself – and I got a boat-load of photography lighting gear for Christmas (yay!!)
- I’m on twitter, pinterest, facebook, linked in, youtube, and instagram and I love making new friends!
This is obviously not an all inclusive list of traits but I think it’s enough for you to have a general idea about me. Anything else you want to know, just ask! I promise not to bite 🙂